Friday, January 9, 2015



                                                           “I am”
I am
The one kid left in the nest, the baby of the small family of 4.
The one kid who always tried to grow up to fast, who was sick of being a kid, and acted much older than their age, but is now terrified it’s time to really be an adult.
The one who begged to stay at their grandma’s house every weekend to learn to sew, and bake, and never knew who lucky they were for the grandmother they were given.
The one who spend more time in their sister’s room then their own, bugging her, and telling her every detail of their day, even though she wasn’t listing.  
The one who’s room is always a mess, never being able to see the floor, and is always late because they couldn’t find anything they needed in the piles of clothes and old stuffed animals.
The one who never cared for school and spend more time doodling on notes and daydreaming then paying attention in class.
The one who’s always cutting, dyeing and changing their hair every week because they get bored so easily of how they look.
The one who spends their free time drawing, painting, and trying to make beautiful things.
The one who gets excited over movies, and can re-watch the same one hundred times and never get bored of it. Always noticing new things they didn’t the times before.
The one who also rereads the same five books and always is still surprised at the end of each one.
The one who fills their room with old dolls, paintings, and other strange but lovely things they find in the flea markets they spend hours and hours in.
The one who worries about everything and anything, who over things the whole day and how they could have done it different.
The one who is their own worst enemy.
The one who is always trying to grow and change as a person, wanting to be the best they can, and make others proud.
The one who gets so worked up over the smallest and biggest things, but finds that every problem can be solved with a hot bubble bath.
The one who is still growing, learning, and starting to love themselves.

3 comments:

  1. I like the laundromat background. Did you take the photo? If so, I want it for Think. magazine. I can relate a lot to what you said about wanting to stay at your grandparents' house and realizing after the fact that you had struck the grandmother jackpot. I hope you're able to use the artistic and creative gifts I know you have to produce some writing you are happy with this semester, and I applaud your for continually "growing, learning, and starting to love" who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a wonderful grandma, and i am just starting to realise how amazing she is. I also overthink everything that I do and I like to change my hair more than my grandma would like me to :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your last sentence. I think that it is important for us to lean to love ourselves!

    ReplyDelete