Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Dream threads




I can see myself laying in my bed and I try to wake myself up but it won’t work. Still confused, and frightened trying to figure out what was going on, or where I am. I all I can see is myself, in a bed I can only guess is my own, I take a glance around the room from where I’m stuck in place, it looks like mine. Everything seemed normal, my room looked like it had when I went to sleep, but something was off. I knew I wasn’t together, half of me was asleep and not aware of things going on around. The room slowly starts to get dark and change, things start moving more, the more I get scared and worked up it seems the worst things get. I frantically thought of ways the wake the other half of me up before something happened. Things just kept getting darker and things began to walk around and come alive it seemed. I tried to calm myself, I thought if I could calm down everything would go away, right as I had that thought I heard a loud sound and saw something appear in the corner and start making its way towards my sleeping self. I tried to scream to wake myself up, or to warn myself. I tried with all I had to move or make a sound. I was stuck, paralyzed and petrified as he stalked through the shadows, his knife gleaming in the moonlight.

1 comment:

  1. Terrifying. I remember that feeling of trying to pull myself froma scary dream when I'd fall asleep on the couch in the afternoon during grad school. Like I knew someone was there in the house or something bad was going to happen but I couldn't move. Awful feeling.

    ReplyDelete