Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Writers as readers



1.  When I read I have to be in a completely silent room, I get distracted so easy, and reading is hard enough for me I need to concentrate. Whenever I do put aside to read I’m usually make my bed and but a ton of pillows in the corner and just snuggle up and read. If I’m really into a book and plan to read a long time I usually have some snacks like gold fish or something little like that. I like a ton of light when I’m reading.
2.   I’m so picky about the books I read, I don’t like a book if it has things that can’t happen. I hate reading fairy tales, and science fiction. I like realistic things. I read a lot of books about young adults just kind of going through life and learning. I’m kind of the same way with movies, I don’t like fantasy at all. It’s just always seemed silly and uninteresting to me, even as a kid I disliked it a lot.
5.   The book I ever got most excited about was flowers in the attic. I couldn’t put it down, and it’s a     pretty big book (the version I have just has the first two books mashed together making it about 700     pages). When I finally got it I sat down and couldn’t stop reading it. I just had wanted to read it for so long, and it honestly was a really easy read, and I just thought how it was written was super pretty. And it was just super interesting and there were so many twists and drama, and I was honestly surprised by a lot that happen, I can usually guess what’s going to happen.  I just never read a book and cared about the charters until reading this book.
7.  The first book I ever remember reading was Crank by Ellen Hopkins. It was in 5th grade, I always hated reading and I ending up finding this book and thought it looked like an easy fast read so I read it. This book just stands out because it was the first book I finished and wasn’t forced to read. Also I got in a lot of trouble for doing a report on a book about a meth addicted teenage, my parents got called in but all they said were “attest she’s reading”.
9.   When I finished reading suicide blonde, I was so angry afterwards because you just read about this girls trying to figure out what to do with herself, and her love life. And how she’s so worried and hung up over her long term boyfriend, and at the end she walks in to see the worst possible outcome and it just ends with her somehow OK with the situation?? It was a roller coaster of a book and the ending was so dramatic yet it made me so mad the last few pages fell so flat, it’s like they rushed it and just had her be ok she the writer could end the book.  

1 comment:

  1. You and Laura need to go see Ellen Hopkins at The Library Center! I'm going to have to read Flowers in the Attic. I DVRd the TV movie version and its sequel but haven't watched them. I'm sure they're not nearly as good as the books. I agree with you about fantasy movies/books...totally not my thing.

    ReplyDelete