Thursday, February 19, 2015

first and last lines

"The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new." ― Samuel Beckett, Murphy
Samuel Beckett 
Born: April 13, 1906
Died: December 22 , 1989
 Samuel Barclay Beckett was an Irish avant-garde novelist, playwright, theater director, and poet, who lived in Paris for most of his life. 
Murphy was published in 1938
The book is about a man, hes apparently  seedy. He likes to rock in his chair a lot also. And then he stars a job as a nurse. And he falls in love, and theirs a lover triangle of some sort. 
Honestly, this book sounds confusing and not something i would wanna read. I was confounded even trying to figure out what it was about.Im sure its not a bad book, but a little to dull for my taste. 



"I closed my eyes, head drooping, like a person drunk for so long she no longer knows shes drunk, and then, drunk, awoke to the world which lay before me."- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Miguel de Cervantes
Born: September 29, 1547
Died: April 22, 1616
 Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, often known mononymously as Cervantes, was a Spanish novelist, poet, and playwright
Publication date 1605 
This book comes in different parts and its in Spanish. I have little to no interest to ever read this book. Its very old and doesn't make any sense. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't say either of these make my "want to read" list either!

    ReplyDelete